Patient Care Secretary/Executive Assistant
Supervised by: Manager of Patient Care Services
Workers Supervised: N/A
The Executive Assistant reports to the Clinical Director and possesses knowledge, training and experience healthcare back office operations and systems.
High school graduate or equivalent (GED)
Preferably one year’s experience in Hospice administrative services
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and third party reimbursement requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Hospice policies and procedures.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.
Moderate lifting may be required
Risk Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Urgent needs
- DME ordering and pick up from discharges
- DocuSign, etc.
- PCS will be back up for answering phone during normal business hours
PCS/PCM meeting Mondays at 2:00 pm with own PCM
- Admissions from previous week, to include admission charts and facility charts (bring with)
- Discharge reviews
- LOC changes
- Payroll review
- Missed visit report and reconciliation
- DME complaints log
- If an IDG week will need to bring a draft of the agenda
CNA time sheets daily
- Consolo adjustments should be submitted to PCS and PCM via email the day of the adjustment; if CNA calls with issue it must be followed up with an email
- CNA time sheet to be submitted to the PCM by 10:00 every Monday
- Final payroll to be submitted to PCM by 10:00 Monday payroll week
- Paper visits need to be submitted day of service via email to PCS and entered within 24 hours. Hard copy can be brought to the office on next supply run.
Missed visit reports daily
- Missed visit/visit statistic report daily with reconciliation against the CNA schedule
- Report and reconciliation brought to Monday PCS PCM meeting on Mondays for review
- CNA schedule will be completed by PCM/PCS by Friday of the previous week
- CNA schedule will be checked against the Consolo assignments and changes will be made to correct if there are discrepancies.
- If there are call outs the PCS will make arrangements for coverage ASAP after the notification of absence
- Patient chart complete with admission check list within 48 hours of admission
- Facility binders put together within 72 hours of admission
- Confirm DME delivery and additional needs
- All discharges need to be completed in Consolo by the end of the business day
- DME scheduled for pick up as soon as possible after discharge
- Full discharge with HIS to be completed within 72 hours of discharge
- Inform NPs if deceased is on list for FTF for next IDG
Active patient summary
- Run report daily and check for accuracy
- Entered into Consolo within 24 hours of initiation; next business day if weekend or holiday
- IDG agenda completed and brought to meeting with PCM on Monday week of IDG
- IDG agenda, active patient list, and IDG sign in will be printed at least 30 minutes prior to the meeting
- Infection and fall report to be attached to agenda
- FTF list for upcoming IDG’s to be emailed to Nurse Practitioners when current agenda is complete
- PCS will scribe, sign and lock the completed IDGs by 4:00 pm the following day. IDG’s for the next meeting will also be created.
- PCS will run the certification report to assure that all certifications have been signed prior to the MD leaving
- IDG Comprehensive Assessments for facility patients will be printed and placed in RNCM mailbox by Wed at 12 of following week
Med fill exception / PDC reports
- Run med fill exception report and correct weekly; must be complete by end of month billing
- Run PDC report and reconcile with active patient summary
Respite / IPU
- Prepare and send records for patients going for respite or IPU stays, coordinate with the RNCM and MSW
- RNCMs, CNAs, and other team members should call ahead to arrange a time for support
- Drop in visits may not be able to be accommodated based on PCS current work load
End of month billing
- Billing specialist emails to be reconciled withing 24 hours of receipt; complete reconciliation by month end
- Med Fill exception report completed by month end
- Coordinate DME request from RNCM for timely delivery
- Assure that DME orders are in Consolo
- Communicate delivery information to the RNCM
- Follow up the following day to be sure that the DME was delivered
- Arrange for DME pick up within 24 hours of death/discharge (same day if possible)
- Arrange for DME pick up when no longer in use
- Follow up to be sure that DME has been picked up
- Assure that there are CC folders for staff
- Make LOC change in Consolo within 24 hours of initiation
- CC notes to be scanned and uploaded into console as a complete packet; RNCM should be sending copies of notes daily
- Other duties as assigned
All new employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Booster shots are preferred, but not required.